Today, Saturday, March 11th, 2017, the Extraordinary General Assembly of Rwanda National Olympic and Sports was hold at Lemigo Hotel in Kigali. The main purpose of this Assembly was to elect the new Executive Committee members. According to the Olympic Charter, the general elections are hold the year after the Olympic Games and the Committee members hold office for a term of four years.
The positions that were run for including that of the President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary General, Treasurer, Internal Auditor, and two advisors.
The elections results are as follows:
- The President: Amb. MUNYABAGISHA Valens:
- The 1st Vice President: Madam RWEMALIKA Félicité:
- The 2nd Vice President: Mr. BIZIMANA Festus:
- The Secretary General: BIZIMANA Dominique:
- The Treasurer: Madam INGABIRE Alice
- Two Advisors: Mr. NZABANTERURA Eugene and Madam E’GAIRMA Hermine:
- The Internal Auditor: UMWALI Josette
The Guest of Honor, The Permanent Secretary – Ministry of Sports and Culture reminded the new Executive Committee that the transparency and institutional partnership are the only keys to the success of the new responsibility they are undertaking.
On behalf of the new Executive Committee, The President, Amb. MUNYABAGISHA Valens thanked all Olympic Movements members and promised them in close collaboration to reach the podium.
See more photos: